Saturday, December 6, 2008

Words

"Apple". "Papaya". "Bottle". "Anna".Mundane words. But, they have a whole new feel, when you hear it the first time, from a baby. For it just spurts out at an unexpected moment, and you feel thoroughly accomplished at the utterance of such a small word. I felt elated when my son first pointed at his feeding bottle and told me what it was. Same when wondering blogger's kid shouted "apple" on the phone while we were talking. True, kids just change our life forever. I dont have time for a lot of things I wish to do, its been ages since PK and I had a social life, I have just stopped planning on even small things like I need to go to naidu hall tomorrow, for God knows when my son is planning on a cranky outburst. Still, at times, when I get a toothy smile for some mischief done, when I see him do hip movement for the "nakka mukka " tune, when he just comes and pats me on my shoulder as though trying to put me to sleep, I feel its worth all of it.

3 comments:

busyblogger said...

my latest is, my little one steppedd on me by mistake, then gave me a cuddle and said "sothie"..well she meant sorry.

wondering blogger said...

My little one keeps saying apple zillion times and then ask her to say papaya, she would say 'paa-ple'. Very hilarious.
yes, they were mundane words, but now very special :)

Unknown said...

All mine says is : mammammm mamm mammm from 6 AM till 9 PM. When she gets annoyed or irritated or when I wipe her mouth after food,she says mammammm mammmmam with so much vigor its so funny :)) Last 1 week shes graduated to thathathathatha and papapapapa and the arm crunching grunts priceless