Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fear

While I am typing this, PK is out on a team dinner at Fisherman's cove. I am just not myself, my usual easiness abt him having dinners outside is not there today. Instead, I am just tensed and hoping he would be soon as soon as possible. Now, Oberoi, or Fcove, Wasabi or Southern Spice, everything seems equally vulnerable to terrorism.

Until 2 weeks ago, 5 Star hotels were a symbol of prestige. A place for celebration, enjoyment, opulence - to an extent, publicity and what not. But now, the new factor of "fear" has joined in. I still am not able to stop from feeling queasy when I think of planning a lunch date in Taj or Park Sheraton. The very fact that it can happen anywhere is frightening, and what remained so long as a comparably secure place than local joints, is no longer like that. If there can be one reason that I would be angry at God, it wud be for what happened in Mumbai. But whats the choice, I can only pray shamelessly to him, that such a thing does not ever happen again. No matter which country, the feeling would be the same in this respect. 20 years ago, there was less money movement, but atleast people did not contemplate to go shopping over weekends, because there was a terror scare around in the city. I liked those days better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is scary but there is no way we can control a whole lot of things and we just have to let go sometimes. I used to be that way too because K flies all the time its too scary but at one point I realised thats what the job demands and things are peaceful for most of the time. C'est la vie :)